Thursday 17 April 2014

Confessions of a Beauty Blogger

Image Source-missbeccabeauty.blogspot.co.uk
I have seen this going about on the blogging world for a while now and thought that it was the right time to get something different up on my blog, so let's get started

1. How many hours a week do you spend writing / editing posts?
This varies quite a bit, from week to week, it depends on how busy I have been during the week and if I leave one whole day to do my blog and schedule things or whether I do it on the way home from work, so I would say I roughly spend about 5-6 hours a week on my blog. 

2. Are you a spender or saver?
I would like to say that I am a saver, but over these last couple of months, I have been going out and going crazy with buying make up and clothes, not so good on the bank balance, but it is stuff that I need at the moment, but I am sure in the next couple of months this will change again and I will only by the essentials, and here's me telling you all in my things to achieve post that I'm trying to save money (woops!!)

3. When is it easier for you to blog? 
I usually like to spend a Sunday trying to write and edit most of my posts as this is one of the only days in the week where I can sit down get in to my own little world with my music and laptop and get writing/taking pictures. I do like to try and organise posts throughout the week in a little notebook and if I do have any ideas that I can put up during the week that are out of the blue I will try to pop them on my blog. If during the week in my lunch hour or while I am on the train home from work, depending on how tired I am and if I fall asleep I will try and write blogs during the week on my phone and then by Sunday all I have to do is put the pictures on. But it really does depend on how busy my weeks are

4. What makes writing behind a computer comfortable for you? 
I feel like having my blog is a way of being able to express myself, and being able to let people come in to my world a little bit to see what I do on a day to day basis, or what make up I have been liking. It also feels a little bit like a safe haven somewhere were I can go and just disappear from the outside world for a little bit, somewhere for just me, and my readers.

5. What is your worst make up / hair habit? 
I hate to say this, but when I wash my hair unless I am going out and need to do something with my hair, I will usually wash it and then let it dry over night, yes I know it's not the healthiest, but when I don't have to style it each day and I just have to put it up, it makes it so much easier, as my hair can sometimes take up to 50 mins to try (yawn!)

6. What is one quote you wish the world lived by? 
One of my favourite quotes is a Harry Potter quote from Dumbledore himself which is "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the lights". Everybody goes through tough times in there life, and no matter how hard things can get you always have to remember there will be a light at the end of the tunnel, you just need to pull through and see the light.

7. How long do you spend getting ready every day? 
This has to depend on what I am doing it can take me anything from 20 minutes getting ready to an hour. Usually during the week where I have to be up so early I usually try to stay in bed for as long as I can so I will usually get ready within a 20 minute time frame. But when it is the weekend, I usually like to style my hair, and do my make up a little bit more so it usually takes a lot longer.

8. Who's your favourite blogger?
I have quite a few favourite bloggers at the moment, but if I had to give you one specific person it would be Becky from milkbubbletea, her blog is simply amazing, she has amazing photo's and everything about her blog is just fantastic. Also you can't miss out her little puppy Oscar he is just the cutest.

9. Who is a blogger that you think deserves more subscribers than they have?
This is a hard one as I wanted to put somebody here that I know has only just started blogging unfortunately I haven't found anybody on twitter, so I thought I would share with you a blog that I have been reading a lot recently it's a lady called Becki who write lifelooksperfect, she has some of the most amazing pictures and always gives a lot of information on a product. Please check her out :)

10. What is one thing you are excited about in the upcoming year?
This upcoming year, I have quite a few exciting plans to look forward to, which I will tell you in another post. But the most exciting out of all of them is I'm going to Ascot I literally cannot wait I have always wanted to go, and it's finally come, so I am really looking forward to June now :D

11. What is your most awkward blogging moment?
I haven't really been blogging for that long I only really started this little space up in January, so I haven't come across anything that has been too awkward just yet except from trying to work out how #bbloggers worked on twitter, but I slowly worked out what happened, other then that nothing else has really arisen but I'm sure in the not so distant future something will pop up.

12. How long does it take you to prepare a post?
I like to try and organise my posts, while I'm at work thinking or while I am on the train so I jot them down in my notebook, and write some little notes next to it, so I know what I am going to need to take the pictures and what sort of things I want to write. I usually then sit down in a quiet spot or on the train depending on when I decide to blog, try and draft it all and then get the pictures just so. I usually just go with the flow, 

13. Are you wearing trousers right now or jogging pants / PJ bottoms?
At this present in time I am wearing neither of these as I am on the train home from work so currently in my uniform YAY!

14. What are you most proud of in life?
This questions was a difficult one for me because I wasn't really sure, but I think it would be my parents giving me the opportunity to go on different school trips abroad and seeing some of the world that I may not of seen if I didn't have the chance,and bite the bullet and go




0 comments:

Post a Comment